Carried Downward Breath – Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
With Juliana Mitchell at The Yoga Room
Long Island City
May 10-13 & May 24-27, 2017
Wed 1:15-5:45pm / Thurs 11:30-4:30pm / Fri 10:30-5:45pm / Sat 2:30-7pm
“Apana,” sometimes translated as “Carried Downward Breath,” is the Sanskrit word for the energetic force that moves from pelvis to earth. It is the tidal waves of Apana that deliver a child from the womb to its new life.
Carried Downward Breath will prepare you to lead safe and beautiful prenatal classes and enable you to feel confident when a pregnant student walks into your non-prenatal class. Teaching yoga to pregnant women is incredibly rewarding work. And being certified in prenatal yoga can open doors to numerous teaching opportunities.
- Pregnancy from physiological, emotional and energetic perspectives
- Which poses to avoid, which to modify and why – including how to modify a Sun Salutation
- Common pregnancy discomforts and the yoga practices that can alleviate them
- Studies of anatomical models
- Understanding the progression of labor and birth
- Class observation and assisting
- And much more…
- A 40-hour intensive. All dates/times are compulsory.
- DATES: May 10-13 & May 24-27
- TIMES: Wed. 1:15-5:45pm / Thu 11:30-4:30pm / Fri. 10:30-4:30pm / Sat 2:30-7pm
- $675 – early bird discount, if paid in full by April 10th, 2017
- $775 – thereafter
This program is open to those who:
- Have completed (minimally) a 200-hour yoga teacher-training program or its equivalent.
- Have minimally 6 months of experience teaching group yoga classes. Exceptions to this will be considered, please ask.
- Carry yoga teacher liability insurance.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Juliana Mitchell was introduced to yoga by her mom when she was 11 and began exploring the healing capacities of the breath at 18. Having studied with master teachers in the US, Italy and India, she’s earned seven, yoga certifications (including an Advanced Yoga Teacher Training with Judith Lasater & Pelvic Floor Yoga with Leslie Howard). In 2006, Juliana began teaching prenatal yoga classes. Since then, she’s conducted a yoga program for pregnant, homeless teens, assisted numerous expectant couples via her workshop Movement & Breath for Labor & Delivery, was prenatal yoga mentor to an obstetrician named Dr. Shilpa Babbar (for a randomized controlled trial to measure the impact of prenatal yoga on fetal behavior, conducted at Truman Medical Center, Kansas City), has occasionally served as a birth coach, and is the director of Carried Downward Breath – A Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training, which she’s led annually since 2010.
Please fill out and submit an application. Applications can be downloaded below or picked up at the studio. Please submit your completed application, plus a $150 deposit, as detailed on the application.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please direct any questions to email@example.com